Monday, February 24, 2014

Counting down

I know I will go stir crazy during my recovery, so I made sure that I got outside both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I volunteered on the Congaree canoe tour.  The park is littered with fallen limbs from the recent ice storm, and there are numerous portages and difficult spots on Cedar Creek, but spring is on the way, evidenced by the flowering of the red maples.

 


Stumpy Pond where I paddled on Sunday is different every time.  Yesterday the water was very high due to the release of water from the dam.  Previous times when I have been there the rocks were visible, and the water formed small pools around them.  This time what we saw was whitewater!  The banks of the pond look pink from a distance with the red maples sporting buds.



This afternoon I will pick up my knee scooter, and will be almost ready for my surgery on Wednesday. I have lots of clean towels and underwear.  Tomorrow I will make a quick trip to the grocery store so that there will be something here for my care givers and me to eat.  Bit by bit items are being crossed off my to do list, and although I am constantly thinking of more things I need to do before the surgery, the list is getting shorter.

1 comment:

  1. What in the world is a knee scooter? I'm going to have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete