Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hardware and Gadgets

The implant I have is the Wright Prophecy Inbone.  It's a very sophisticated device that is specifically designed for each recipient.  Hope these photos of the X-rays are clear.
 

On the left is a front view, and on the right is a side view.  Pretty serious stuff.

Here is a photo of my  cast/splint.  I will keep this until March 12 or perhaps longer.  At that time I will have a boot.  I will be non-weight bearing for 4-6 weeks.

Some of you may recognize Smokey's chin sticking out over the top  where he is helping pad my shin bone when I ride the scooter.  Ouch!

Now is the time when I am feeling pretty good, but only so long as I spend lots of time lying down with my foot above my heart.  I'm trying to take less pain medication, and that means being very quiet and still.  Boring!

Finally, here is a photo of some of the paraphernalia accumulated to assist me during my recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment